People are just so confused and overwhelmed when it comes to diets.
  • Atkins
  • Paleo
  • Vegan
  • Keto
  • Gluten-free
  • All Natural
… So many different protocols and opinions.
Many of these diets do come with some weight loss and healthy benefits.
There is no perfect or #1 diet in the world, the fact is EVERY DIET WORKS.
The reason most diets work, is because people who never diet or eat mindfully suddenly get on a disciplined plan that requires them to make healthier food choices and exercise more.
So they get results in the short term, but how many of those diets are sustainable for life?
In this high-speed society, people want results, and they want them yesterday!
Developing lifelong healthy living habits seems like an afterthought. It’s all about going to the extreme to get a better-body, and get results ASAP.
I see it everywhere.
So people go on these diets that don’t stick.
Maybe you are taking two steps forward and one step back…
…ultimately leaving you discouraged, and in the same exact spot as when you started… and sometimes worse.
People don’t purposefully lose weight just to gain it back, it happens on accident… kind of.
People don’t intentionally gets in shape just to get back out of shape right after.
So why do people subscribe to these ridiculous diets and exercise plans that they know are eventually going to fail?

‘Magic Fat Loss’

At Training For Warriors we don’t sell shakes, wraps, potions, lotions, and pills or make people go to extremes when it comes to nutrition.

Even if the lotion+plastic wrap pulls you in tighter that doesn’t mean you are getting healthier and eating better.

It goes much deeper than that.  We coach people, educating them about what foods to eat and why, portion sizes, food variety, meal prep, and we teach them one of the most important pieces; building good lifelong habits.

Life is about balance.
Enter the 80/20 rule.
It’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle; something you can maintain forever.
What Is the 80/20 Rule?
You eat clean, real, whole foods for about 80 percent of your week, leaving the other 20 percent of your week to indulge a little.
The 80/20 rule gives you the opportunity to enjoy the foods you love AND keep your weight in check. By allowing yourself to indulge a little, it not only keeps you sane, but it keeps you from feeling the guilt most people feel after a night at Dairy Queen.
You will still, however, have to be careful not to overeat.
Even if you are eating large portions of healthy foods, you can still exceed your body’s energy needs and gain weight. Even though we do not count calories in our program they still do count.
Over eating will always lead to weight gain.
So it’s still important to practice moderation and portion control with the 80/20 rule.
Your indulgences need to be a reasonable portion, rather than an all out binge session. Even though 20 percent is for a “cheat meal’ or a dessert, it doesn’t mean you should order the milk shake to go with nachos, potato skins and the cheeseburger & fries!
Always keep your goal in mind.
Just because there’s wiggle room for some indulgences (a glass of red wine with dinner, a piece of chocolate for dessert), that doesn’t mean those calories should or HAVE to be wasted on food with zero nutritional value. Make good choices!
Furthermore, you don’t even need to use all 20 percent! In fact, it’s probably best to shoot lower than 20 percent.
It’s important to ask yourself, “how disciplined am I willing to be?” or “How far am I willing to go?”
Some people can handle 90/10 or 85/15.
You will have to be the judge of how you want to live. The more disciplined and consistent you are with healthy eating and exercise, the more results you will see.
Start implementing the 80/20 rule in your lifestyle.  When you start to eat more nutrient dense whole foods, you will learn to crave a bowl of blueberries and bananas instead of cake, or roasted kale chips instead of potato chips
When you start making choices like that, you will begin to think of that 20 percent as just some wiggle room to enjoy your life, and not a reward.